Enjoy luxury accommodations with the feel of the old west.
Luxury meets western charm and presidential history at the Historic Rough Riders Hotel, located in the heart of downtown Medora.
Named for the volunteer cavalry unit led by America's 26th President, Theodore Roosevelt, you’ll fall in love the moment you arrive and see the immense hearth reaching to the tin-tiled ceiling, with walls housing one of the largest private (yet available for you to read) library of books on, and by, Theodore Roosevelt
Rooms are adorned with a touch of the west, the right amount of luxury, and walk-in showers marked by the brands of Roosevelt. If 1880s nostalgia is your thing, ask for one of our historic rooms where it’s rumored the President himself may have delivered a speech from the balcony!
- Historic Section - Queen & King
- Tower Section - Double Queen & King
- 501 Historic Suite
- Rough Riders Suite
Change existing Hotel Reservations – booked for earlier than June 19 or need to make an update to a later reservation? Save yourself time on the phone by filling out this form and we’ll make the change and email you a confirmation! The request can easily be made here.
May 30 through September 12
May 30 - June 18, rates starting at $199.00 +taxes
June 19 - September 12, rates starting at $220.00 + taxes
Spring & Fall Rates
May 1 - May 29 & September 13 - September 30
Spring and fall rates starting at $139.00 + taxes
October 1 - April 30
Rough Riders Hotel Amenities and Policies
- Check-in is guaranteed at 4:00pm Mountain Time
- Checkout is at 11:00am Mountain Time
- Swimming is available at the Badlands Motel Outdoor pool from 12-5pm (limited number of guests will be allowed in the pool at any one time)
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Pets are not permitted
- Free WIFI
- Fitness Center on First Floor - Closed until further notice due to compliance with ND Health Department
- Hairdryer, iron and ironing boards, mini-fridges (except in Historic Rooms) are in the rooms
- HD TVs with Cable
- Guests have access to outdoor Pools at the Badlands Motel from June 1 - September 12
- Handicap accessible rooms: Tower King - 3 & Tower Double Queen - 2
- No elevator is available to reach the Historic Rooms.
- Roll-away cots are available for $10 per night. First come first serve – can reserve over the phone. No rollaway cots in the historic section
Theodore's Dining Room & TR's Tavern
We’d recommend pairing your dinner with a signature cocktail or excellent wine before heading to the Medora Musical or turning in for the night.
Theodore's Dining Room & TR's Tavern operate from early-May to late-September.
Planning a family get together or a corporate retreat? Let us help!
The Rough Riders Hotel & Conference Center is available year-round for business meetings, social functions and for guests.
To get started planning your group event, check out the Group Planning Section.
These lodging and dining locations are proudly owned and operated by the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.