Enjoy luxury accommodations with the feel of the old west.
Luxury meets western charm and presidential history at the Historic Rough Riders Hotel, located in the heart of downtown Medora.
Named for the volunteer cavalry unit led by America's 26th President, Theodore Roosevelt, you’ll fall in love the moment you arrive and see the immense hearth reaching to the tin-tiled ceiling, with walls housing one of the largest private (yet available for you to read) library of books on, and by, Theodore Roosevelt
Rooms are adorned with a touch of the west, the right amount of luxury, and walk-in showers marked by the brands of Roosevelt. If 1880s nostalgia is your thing, ask for one of our historic rooms where it’s rumored the President himself may have delivered a speech from the balcony!
- Historic Section - Queen & King
- Tower Section - Double Queen & King
- 501 Historic Suite
- Rough Riders Suite
May 28 through September 11
June 9 - September 11, rates starting at $230.00 + taxes
Spring & Fall Rates
April 30 - May 27 & September 12 - October 2
Spring and fall rates starting at $149.00 + taxes
October 1 - April 30
Friday & Saturday Nights Only
Rough Riders Hotel Amenities and Policies
- Check-in is guaranteed at 4:00pm Mountain Time
- Checkout is at 11:00am Mountain Time
- Swimming is available at the Badlands Motel Outdoor pool from 9:00am - 8:00pm
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Pets are not permitted
- Free WIFI
- Fitness Center on First Floor
- Hairdryer, iron and ironing boards, mini-fridges (except in Historic Rooms) are in the rooms
- HD TVs with Cable
- Guests have access to outdoor Pools at the Badlands Motel from June 1 - September 12
- Handicap accessible rooms: Tower King - 3 & Tower Double Queen - 2
- No elevator is available to reach the Historic Rooms.
- Roll-away cots are available for $10 per night. First come first serve – can reserve over the phone. No rollaway cots in the historic section
Theodore's Dining Room & TR's Tavern
We’d recommend pairing your dinner with a signature cocktail or excellent wine before heading to the Medora Musical or turning in for the night.
Planning a family get together or a corporate retreat? Let us help!
The Rough Riders Hotel & Conference Center is available year-round for business meetings, social functions and for guests.
To get started planning your group event, check out the Group Planning Section.
These lodging and dining locations are proudly owned and operated by the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.