TRMF response to COVID-19
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." -Theodore Roosevelt
We support the ND Smart Restart
All of us at the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation are wonderfully-excited and incredibly grateful to all who have helped us get to this point.
Medora is OPEN, with just a few small changes.
The Medora Musical is open with “Smart Restart” procedures in place – including reduced capacity for each show and increased spacing between groups.
Here's what time you can see the Medora Musical
7:30pm MDT - Sunday through Friday
5:30pm & 8:30pm MDT - Saturday
7:30pm MDT - Monday through Friday
5:30pm & 8:30pm MDT - Saturday and Sunday
THANK YOU to the cast, crew, and production team for their commitment to making this a reality.
We have heard from thousands of folks, that now more than ever, people need the Medora Musical – the experience, the message, and the story of TR overcoming hardship from his time here in the Badlands.
Guests will see some changes to how the theater operates, but the show itself will feature all the favorite pieces that have made it a true North Dakota tradition for the last 55 years. The show features a full cast and band, live horses on stage, a featured variety act every night, and a big, patriotic finale. The Medora Musical that people love is now showing.
Roosevelt’s words to ‘Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!’ mean so much more this year and we are proud to offer North Dakota’s show this year.
Additional Medora Musical “smart restart” procedures include:
• Capacity is limited to approximately 50% per show, with extra space added between parties.
• Guests will be welcome to, but not required to wear masks.
• A revised, physical-distancing entry and exit process will be utilized.
• The popular kids' segment of the show will return in 2021
• Plastic sneeze guards will be installed at concession areas.
• Theater staff will wear masks and gloves.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
• Capacity is planned to be increased as recommendations allow.
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW MEDORA.COM
We encourage you to book online -- and it'll be quick and easy. All of our deals and discounts can be booked online, and you can even online chat with a representative online if you have questions.
Other Attractions and Shows
• Top 100 Public Golf Course, Bully Pulpit is OPEN and the course is in great condition.
• The Pitchfork Steak Fondue IS OPEN. On two-show nights, you'll be able to enjoy Fondue after the 5:30 show or before the 8:30 show.
• The Medora Gospel Brunch IS OPEN.
• Want to go for a horseback trail ride? Great! We're Open!
• A couple of our favorites -- the Teddy Roosevelt Show featuring Joe Wiegand and Bill Sorensen’s Live, Love, Laugh are playing!
• Magic Through Time featuring Colin Zasadny and Theodore and Edith: conversations with the Roosevelts are both also playing at the Old Town Hall Theater
• Our new Little Bully Pulpit Mini-Golf Course and Manitou the Point to Point Zipline are open -- AND AWESOME!
The Capital Gallery WEST, Perception, and other attractions are open as well. There are tons of eateries and shops open to browse around, too.
(All retail and foodservice locations operated by the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation require staff to wear masks at this time; procedures at private, state, or federal locations may vary.)
Ticket Details, Seat Maps and Buy Buttons for our most popular attractions are AVAILABLE NOW AT MEDORA.COM/TICKETING
THANK YOU to all of our guests, supporters, volunteers, partners, and more. Thank you to YOU, our Facebook community for your support. THANK YOU North Dakota, for making us part of your summer tradition.
WE'RE HIRING - Help us, help folks
With great care for lives and livelihoods, we are doing everything we can to be ready to welcome guests to Medora this summer. We are all going to need a place to relax and restore ourselves and each other.
We are still hiring for the key positions that will allow us to be ready and open this summer.
Will you share with your family, friends, colleagues, and connections that we are hiring for this year? Now, more than ever, we need a team to help us connect people to Medora for positive, life-changing experiences.
Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Theodore Roosevelt National Park and other national parks offer incredible opportunities for wide-open space and recreation. TRNP has reopened in an initial phase for guests. Roads, trails and backcountry trails are open. Some visitor services are reduced, but the Badlands and Bison remain. You can read more and stay up to date with our community partners at TRNP here: https://www.nps.gov/thro/index.htm
Other notes regarding TRMF's response to COVID-19:
This is an ever-changing situation that our leadership and team are evaluating on a regular basis. We support North Dakota Smart Restart. Policies and procedures aimed at protecting the lives and livelihoods of our staff, guests, and community have been implemented and at TRMF we're remaining flexible to adapt as necessary. We are grateful to our customers who choose to visit this year. We are supportive of those who choose to wear masks. And for those taking some time without travel, we look forward to welcoming you back to Medora when you're ready.
- We are following recommendations from Governor, Doug Burgum, the North Dakota Department of Health, CDC, and others regarding cleanliness, distancing, gathering size, etc.
- We have implemented procedures to make sure our venues, hotels, and public spaces are as clean as possible. For example, but not an all-inclusive list, we've begun to use more disinfectants, sanitizers, etc.
- Ticketing changes, venue density reductions, seating map adjustments, etc. are all in effect until further notice.
- Reservations and ticket sales will have a very flexible cancelation policy and/or 2021 redemption option.
- All guest-facing TRMF Staff are required to wear a mask while on duty
- Additional training and information is being offered to employees, specifically through TRMF Trainual; an internal health team has been designated to disseminate information to our team as it becomes available and is vetted; in TRMF guest areas, we'll be posting cleanliness tips based on CDC recommendations and documents.
- The TRMF is working to coordinate with the Billings County Emergency Operations Team and Southwest District Health to ensure the entire community is appropriately prepared to provide safety for citizens, workers, and guests.
We will continue to make updates to this page and to our policies as information and guidance become available.
To stay up to date with plans for all things Medora, you can do one OR two things:
Signup for email updates using the form below
OR Text the keyword "LOVEMEDORA" without quotes, to 57711
We'll send you updates if you're in these groups, as soon as they become available.
If you have already booked a stay at the Rough Riders Hotel, Badlands Motel, or Elkhorn Quarters and would like to reschedule or cancel your reservation, the request can easily be made here.
If you purchased vouchers during our Cyber Monday event we will be honoring those vouchers through the end of the season, however, if you would like to be refunded for your purchase, the request can easily be made here.
TR said, “Keep your eyes on the stars, and feet on the ground.”
We find this to be a good guiding line to be responsible to you, our guests, to our employees and all stakeholders, but to also find inspiration that our nation will get through this and we will emerge on the other side with great potential and opportunity -- and we're keeping our eye on that.