TRMF response to COVID-19
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." -Theodore Roosevelt
All of us at the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation are wonderfully-excited and incredibly grateful to all who have helped us get to this point.
Medora is OPEN and we are grateful and ready to welcome you.
THANK YOU to the performers and operations team for their commitment to connecting people to Medora for positive, life-changing experiences.
Need to knows:
This is an ever-changing situation that our leadership and team are evaluating on a regular basis. We support North Dakota Smart Restart. Policies and procedures aimed at protecting the lives and livelihoods of our staff, guests, and community have been implemented and at TRMF we're remaining flexible to adapt as necessary. We are grateful to our customers who choose to visit. And for those taking some time without travel, we look forward to welcoming you back to Medora when you're ready.
- We are considering and working with recommendations from Governor, Doug Burgum, the North Dakota Department of Health, CDC, and others regarding cleanliness, distancing, gathering size, etc.
- Facial coverings are encouraged, but not required when social distancing is not possible
- We have implemented procedures to make sure our venues, hotels, and public spaces are as clean as possible. For example, but not an all-inclusive list, we've begun to use more disinfectants, sanitizers, etc.
- Ticketing changes, venue density reductions, seating map adjustments with a bit more space between parties, etc. are all in effect until further notice.
- Reservations and ticket sales will have a very flexible cancelation policy and/or redemption option.
- All guest-facing TRMF Staff are required to wear a mask while on duty.
- All non-guest-facing TRMF Staff are encouraged to wear a mask while on duty, when social distancing is not possible.
- The TRMF is working to coordinate with the Billings County Emergency Operations Team and Southwest District Health to ensure the entire community is appropriately prepared to provide safety for citizens, workers, and guests.
*Mask and spacing policies may vary among partner businesses in Medora but rest assured, we all aim to help you have a wonderful time while you escape to Medora.
THANK YOU to all of our guests, supporters, volunteers, partners, and more. Thank you to YOU, our Facebook community for your support. THANK YOU North Dakota, for making us part of your fall and winter.
Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Theodore Roosevelt National Park and other national parks offer incredible opportunities for wide-open space and recreation. TRNP has reopened in an initial phase for guests. Roads, trails and backcountry trails are open. Some visitor services are reduced, but the Badlands and Bison remain. You can read more and stay up to date with our community partners at TRNP here.
Chateau de Mores State Historic Site
The Chateau de Mores State Historic site is open year 'round and has a few policies to help you enjoy the unique history of a french nobleman on the edge of the frontier and the woman the town is named for. Learn more and "Know before you go" here.
We will continue to make updates to this page and to our policies as information and guidance become available.
TR said, “Keep your eyes on the stars, and feet on the ground.”
We find this to be a good guiding line to be responsible to you, our guests, to our employees and all stakeholders, but to also find inspiration that our nation will get through this and we will emerge on the other side with great potential and opportunity -- and we're keeping our eye on that.