Medora Volunteer Program
Thanks for your interest in the TRMF Volunteer Program. Applications for the 2019 Volunteer Season open soon!
We could not do what we do in Medora without our volunteers. From inventory and painting, to planting flowers, greeting guests at the Medora Musical and more, volunteers help us accomplish so much -- and their smiles are just contagious! Many come back time and again and most even become Annual Members of TRMF! Thank you to all of our volunteers! See the full list of 2017 Volunteers here. (2018 coming soon!)
Annual Volunteer Application Timeline
- Online applications open November 15 -- we encourage you to fill it out online to help us go green. If needed, you can print out the application and mail in.
- All applications must be submitted and in our office by January 4
- Selections are made by late February and notices sent shortly thereafter
- If not selected, all applicants will be notified and given options to participate in any other available positions.
Read on for more about the program, how to apply, and more...
A note from the Volunteer Coordinator:
Welcome to the Medora Volunteer section of our website. Whether it’s your first time or you’ve volunteered before, I want to thank you for your interest in possibly becoming, or returning, as a Medora volunteer.
Make sure to review all of the pages before submitting an application. There are many changes.
This past summer was fantastic and here are a few highlights:
- 20th year of the Medora volunteer program
- A record number of volunteers (650), working over the longest period of time (March - September), in the most sessions/groups (40) ever
- First ever partnership with ND School for the Blind/Vision Impared services. Eight high school volunteers and their mentors volunteered in Medora for three days.
And did I mention we had a ton of fun! Check out this candid-camera spoof video with Bill Sorensen posing as a TRMF Volunteer!
Only those who have huge impact on Medora get a spoof from Bill! Ok, onward...
Since our humble beginning in 1998, volunteers have been absolutely crucial in sustaining and promoting the exponential growth of the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF), keeping Harold's dream and visions for Medora alive.
His dreams and passion for this once dusty little cow town began years before and remain the driving force behind all we do. You can read more about Harold, Sheila, TRMF and Medora here.
Online applications for the 2019 season will open on November 15
- We encourage you to fill it out online to help us to go green -- TR would be proud!
- For those unable to use a computer form, simply print the application (or ask a friend or family member to print it) or request a printed application from the office after December 1
To find out more about the TRMF Volunteer Program and to prepare for your application, please take time to explore all of the volunteer pages to discover when and where might be the best fit for you. (The pages are all linked in the brown box at the right hand side of the page)
Start with the Volunteer at-a-Glance page to find out if you are going to be a great match for this premier volunteer program. The “What Makes a Great Volunteer” checklist found there can be your guide. These qualities, found in a mix of new and “veteran” volunteers from diverse geographical locations, with unique skills, knowledge, talents and experiences, are key factors for your success.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in Medora.
The program really has something for everyone -- young, and young at heart -- to experience the "magic of Medora," where TR once said, "the romance of my life began." Because of friends like you, Medora continues to be North Dakota’s #1 tourist destination.
If you have any questions not answered on this site, please feel free to call me anytime.
I look forward to meeting and working with you. Have a Wonder-Full day.
Denis Montplasir, Volunteer Coordinator & Legacy Gift Officer
Summer-season: 701.623.4444 ext. 8820